Sunday, January 17, 2010


I found this picture on Dixie's facebook and quickly recognized the most handsome little man I know. It was taken on the 15th of this month. It amazes me how well the kids seem to be doing. They really have been trying to keep them in their routines. It is so fun for me to see pictures of Marcus with his little friends. Onto the updates, the real reason you check this blog.
1. Thank you so much for all your support. The emails, phone calls, hugs and tears are all so appreciated. For those of you who know me, sharing my life like this is not always easy but sharing has never been such a blessing. Never have I felt so strongly the support of my community. My family had a wonderful prayer time today and the support of our adoption group at church as been overwhelming. Thank you Thank you Thank you
2. The US government seems to be working to get humanitarian visas for all kids that have adoptive families. Pray that this may be true. It would mean that the kids could come home soon and have their adoptions completed here. It would be such a good move, in order to create more room in the orphanages for the many new orphans that are sure to surface. However, we are dependant of governments being logical and we know how that goes. :)
3. The orphanage is doing okay but will be running low on supplies. Pray for our spirit as we wait. It is hard to hear that they are rationing water and doing half portions of food in preparation for the coming weeks. He is a Deters and you know how much our kids eat :) If you feel spirit-led to give you can do so here http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/
So all in all, we have a spirit of hope. Hope that this disaster will allow a country like Haiti to rebuild, stronger than it ever was. Hope that this disaster will show people the love of Christ. Hope that the humanitarian efforts can reach those who need it most. Hope for Marcus and the possibility of him joining us soon.
Pray that the government would move fast on this. Not so much for our family but for the orphanages. If they get an influx of children, they just would not be able to care for them all. Pray for the spirit of the people of Haiti. Pray that they will turn to cooperation, not greed or violence. Pray for Steve and I. In times of stress, it is easy to turn on one another, pray we turn towards each other. Pray for Marcus and peace and preparation for his little heart.
Thank you all. I will close with a song that has carried me through many rough moments in the past five days. May it serve as a reminder to you as well.
"Tis better far I should walk by faith close to his side.
I may not know the way to go, but oh I know my guide.
His love can never fail, his love can never fail.
My soul is satified to know his love can never fail."
(Ironically, the only video I can find of this song is of an orphange in Haiti.) WOW, crazy.

3 comments:

MARIANNE said...

Praying for miracles, for Marcus... for Haiti... for Government officials.

Give Me Neither said...

Prays for your family and Haiti. We pray that you'll be together soon.

I love that song!

jonna said...

Praying that the government moves quickly. So thankful to know that it is ultimately God who is in control and not them!!