Monday, January 18, 2010

The Ups and Downs

Holy cow, the ups and downs are killing me. There is all sorts of rumors flying around. I will tell you what we know . . . from reliable sources.
1. The Dutch government has approved all kids with families waiting to be evacuated to the Netherlands today. From a couple strong sources but unconfirmed, the Haitian government has released all these children including the ones from the US.
2. The US department of state and homeland security have yet to approve the children to come into the US. If they are to do so, they will need to decide which children can come. It will most likely be decided by a "cut-off" point in the adoption process. It looks like it will either be "referral accepted" or "adoption legalized." We have reached the first point for sure and there is a slim chance we have the second. Pray that we do have a legalized adoption.
Continue to pray, Marcus may be coming home sooner than expected.
Pray for my peace of mind. I need to think about other things and go on with life but am having a hard time doing so.
I just keep thinking of how this is all going to pan out.
And then I remember that I have a God who controls this all. And he loves me. And he loves Marcus. And he is the one who called us to be a family.
In Christ,
Crystal

1 comment:

jonna said...

"I trust in You, O Lord. I say 'You are my God'; my times are in Your hands" Psalm 31:14-15